OMG, TWILIGHT MOVIE.
I JUST WATCHED THE TWILIGHT MOVIE AND IT WAS BLOODY AWESOME! (Pun intended.)

THIS POST WILL BE VERY FULL OF SPOILERS, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, DON'T READ.


Well, yeah it was really really good. I watched with my cousin Grace, who's never read the books and didn't even know it existed until I called her a few days ago to invite her to go to another state just to watch the movie. Haha, does it sound too extreme? Travelling to another state just to watch a movie? Don't care. But the ride was four-five hours long...

Anyway, even without knowing anything about Twilight, she really enjoyed it. The movie was great, my favourites were:

  • They actually had Kristen (Bella) narrate some parts, using the words from the book. And they stayed true to the book, though there were extra scenes but I think it was to make those whose never read the books understand better.

  • The comedy. It was hilarious. Even the Forks students were all hilarious.

  • The chemistry. The kissing scene was damn hot, I tell you! They were slowly, slowly moving towards each other and I was like holding my breath, man! When they finally kissed, Gawd, I could've died.

  • The action scenes, especially the baseball scene and the ballet studio scene. Total win. The baseball scene, GAH! PURE AWESOME! The ballet scene was really suspenseful, even the parts where Bella and Edward were driving out of Forks.

  • The music. Yes, they fit the scenes perfectly. Supermassive Black Hole by Muse in the baseball scene. OMG, EPIC!

  • There was an extra scene where Bella dreams of Edward being a traditional vampire, sucking on humans' blood and all. Well, she dreamed he was sucking her blood. But they made it look really sexy and glamorous cos they were on this elegant couch and they were all dressed up and Kristen even had make-up on! Haha.

  • Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. Kristen did an amazing job of portraying a scared Bella. But at the same time, she made Bella look really logical even with the whole "I'll give up my human life to be with a vampire" thing. She didn't make it look love-sick or whatever, just logical, which is good. Robert Pattinson did a nice job of Edward, more rough maybe but it was all good.

  • The Cullens. They really had an impact even though they didn't talk much. But still, they fit the roles perfectly.

  • The sparkles. The effects (the sparkles and the ultra swift movements of the vampires) were good. They didn't make the sparkly skin look stupid or silly.

  • The bad guys. They rocked so hard.

  • The scenes where Bella finds out Edward's a vampire, the hospital scene after James attacks her and the prom scene. Even though they were a bit different from the book they still rocked on their own.



Stuff that bothered me? There aren't a lot but still...

  • There was no meadow scene. Okay, scratch that, there was just no meadow. The stuff that happened during the meadow scene instead happened in the forest but they made it really intense and stuff so it doesn't really bother me that much.

  • The movie seemed a bit too fast. But what to expect when the book is 500-pages long and you're making just a two hour movie? Although you might feel like, "Oh man, they're so making this look too fast that even I can't understand it!", I swear, the ending will sooo make it up in the end. The transitions could've been improved too.

  • Alice's past. It wasn't mentioned in the movie at all. This kinda made me sad, haha. Also, the hotel scene were Alice and Jasper talk to Bella, it didn't really happen.

  • Not enough Cullen. Enough said.


  • It was still a rocking movie though! I'm definitely watching it again! The positives outnumber the negatives by a lot. My advice is that treat this as the Twilight Movie, not Twilight the book the movie. If that makes sense to you, lol.