Feel the love.
Another day of poetry. I'm getting a real knack out of poetry writing! It's kinda fun!

Today was on the topic of lurrrrrvvve. So English class was filled with mushy lovey-dovey moments. Ms Wong even said that she could see the boys' skin crawling...

Lol.

So, for today, she made us write a love poem with the words begotten, depose, convulsion, oblique, infinite, tinsel, love, rare, close and conjunction.

Besides love, rare, infinite, close and conjunction, I had no freakin' clue what the other words meant. So, I just included them in the poem with no knowledge of whether it made sense.

The Angel

An angel flutters its tinsel wings,
Oh how rare a sight
This love
Is such a strange love
Consuming, ever thirsty
Begotten by despair

Infinite stars
In conjunction with your eyes
Directions, so confusing, so endearing
So oblique!


How I yearn for the closeness
Of your unfamiliar touch
I reach out to grab your skin
To let my fingers glide the sweet satin
My callous, weathered hands
I touch only the breeze

Oh how I convulse my longing!
For something I cannot have
Desperation, temptation
Deposed.



Yeah, this is sort of the improvised version of the one I read in class.

Apparently, these are the word meanings:

Begotten - to cause
Depose - force to leave/testify under oath/give sworn testimony
Convulsion - violent disturbance/agitation/commotion
Oblique - slanting; sloping
Tinsel - a glittering, metallic substance

Depose is such a ... complicated word. Until now, I still don't understand what it means.

Miss Wong called out my number and asked me to write my poem in the board. My mind was shouting "CRAP!" over and over again that I was practically shaking while walking over to her.

The funny thing about this poem is that I find that it's so related to Twilight. The title, it's the name of the chapter of when Edward tried to save Bella from James in Twilight. And what's more is that there is an angel in the poem, and that's how Bella refers to Edward, an angel. And the stars, they're yellow and bright, right? Well, Edward's eyes aren't exactly yellow because they're more gold/topaz but it's somewhere close.

The love, consuming, ever thirsty. Just like Edward's and Bella's love. Directions, so confusing yet so endearing; when Edward tries to make friends with Bella even when he kept saying that it's not a good choice being so near him. Confusing, yet endearing, no?

Callous, weathered hands; human hands touching immortal skin. Desperation, temptation; the call of her blood is extremely tempting to him, but she's desperate enough for him that she ignores all danger to be with him.

The only difference is the "something I cannot have" part. Since, in the end, they really do end up together.

It's amazing how much a book can control your life.