|
yah!
“Don't mess with mah icon, homie. K.Stew might bite, yo.”
-nadine | |
|
about this blog
Hi, my name is Nadine. Don't underestimate the girly background cos my icon kills.
tagboard
links
VALUES VENTURE 2009. The Deli-Crats' Clique Blog :D. GB 28thCoy Blog. Denise. Sharon. Huiting. Manju. Dorna. Clara. Veno. Bhavna. Regina archives
credits
Design: doughnutcrazyIcon: MINE >:D Background Colour Lovers |
Perfect Monday Morning. A bigger lie hasn't even been made yet.
Seriously. What the heck is happening to me?I just got back my English Comprehension Paper back and my scores were absolutely horrendous. I can find a number of reasons why this happened. First of all, I didn't study. Thus the super-duper sucky results. Secondly, I don't know HOW to study for English. I know the basic stuff like grammar. My vocabulary is so-so and I hardly had any spelling mistakes in my whole life. Last time in Primary School, English used to be my best subject. And now, it's my worst (so far, I have a feeling Lit. and History are going to be much worse) I did well in my Primary School English papers - not trying to boast but I got an A most of the time - but I did sort of suck at Comprehension Open-Ended questions. I can suck at explaining, be it History or English or common, everyday conversations with people. Most of my answers were short and not so detailed, which I have been trying to tell myself for the past few months that what I keep doing is WRONG. I'm so think-skinned. I won't even listen to myself sometimes, dammit. And sometimes I even blame my English teacher, Miss Lan. Let's just say that, when I saw some of my other classmate's works which got higher marks than mine, they had grammatical mistakes which should have caused them lesser marks, but instead, Miss Lan didn't even bother to correct them. Unless she didn't even think of them as errors. I'm not saying she's a bad teacher. She's just . . . inexperienced. I'm not even bad-mouthing her, okay? She said it herself a couple of months ago. Hopefully, my compo can still save my Common Test marks. I like writing compositions, I hate writing comprehensions. I hate myself even more for not being a detailed kind of person. Why can't my answers just be clear and straight-forward?!?!?!??! ARGH. Maybe I've been reading too much fantasy, where the characters and everything else are just too damn myterious. It can be so frustrating, how little things make big things happen. Like how my personality is, being stubborn can affect my scores. Like not knowing how to answer simple question can cause you even more marks than the harder questions. Like something as small as reading a few pages of books a day can make such a big difference to our English. Like playing in the rain for a couple of minutes on just one day can give you the cold for weeks. I guess I learned something today. Little things make even bigger things happen. And if I learn how not to be so darn stubborn, maybe I could actually follow my own advice and do something right from now on. But things are so much easier said than done. This is the frustration life gives us, folks. It's a never-ending war with your own indentity |